[bioontology-support] Problems with root concepts in a SKOS ontology

Manuel Fiorelli manuel.fiorelli at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 08:40:09 PST 2020

Dear BioPortal Support team

I've been doing some experiments with BioPortal using two private
repositories, TESTONT (an OWL ontology) and TESTTES (a SKOS ontology).

Yesterday I submitted the attached RDF data to TESTTES (please note that
the description of the concept scheme is split between two tags).

The file should conform to BioPortal constraints, such as the presence of a
concept scheme and the use of skos:hasTopConcept.

However, the page that should retrieve the concepts informs me that there
was an unspecified problem retrieving classes.

https://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/TESTTES/?p=classes&conceptid=root

[image: immagine.png]

However, if I visit the URL corresponding to the detailed view of a
concept, I can see the description of that concept together with the
concept tree on the left side (note that the submission is a flat list of
concepts).

https://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/TESTTES/?p=classes&conceptid=http%3A%2F%2Fexample.org%2Fc_48989b6a

[image: immagine.png]

PS
I should have asked  before; however, I took the opportunity to ask whether
my use of private ontologies is good for experimentation, or whether there
is a sandbox or other test system elsewhere. Indeed, I've just realized
that there is no explicit delete button to remove the test ontologies.

Best regards
Manuel Fiorelli

--
Manuel Fiorelli