[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Proteins

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Wed Jan 8 15:31:20 PST 2020

Hello Daniel,

Apologies for a late reply. We are catching up with a backlog of tasks after Stanford’s 2 week winter closure.

On Dec 23, 2019, at 6:57 AM, support at bioontology.org<mailto:support at bioontology.org> wrote:

using the 'Term Search' endpoint in your REST API, I would like to receive the 'properties' field alongside the 'matchType' field. Right now it is only possible to receive the 'matchType' if I don't add the 'include' parameter. Using 'include=properties' removes the 'matchType' and the 'include' does not accept 'matchType'. Also, 'include=all' does not work.
Is it possible to receive both fields in one response?

Yes, you should be able to use matchType with the include parameter. However, as you reported above, the API is returning a 400 status code with message:

"The `include` query string parameter cannot accept matchType, please use only prefLabel, synonym, definition, notation, cui, semanticType, properties"

I’ve entered an issue in our tracker so that we can get this fixed:

https://github.com/ncbo/ontologies_api/issues/62