[bioontology-support] bioportal down?

John Graybeal jgraybeal at stanford.edu
Fri Jan 24 13:53:27 PST 2020

Apologies again to the list, for the problem and the noise on the list.  We are seeing an intermittent problem that is proving difficult to track down. It does not take the system down entirely but causes persistent issues for a significant percentage of users. I appreciate the details that you have provided in your emails, and we are digging more deeply into the root causes of this issue.

Because the latest issues have always happened at night local time (twice at 1200 GMT, once at 0900 GMT), the issues have lasted longer than we like in each case. We are evaluating how we can improve monitoring and remediation for issues like this, and we are open to your suggestions.

John