[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Balambal Narayanan

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Thu Jan 30 16:09:39 PST 2020

Hello Balambal,

On Jan 28, 2020, at 10:06 PM, support at bioontology.org<mailto:support at bioontology.org> wrote:

Name: Balambal Narayanan

Email: BALAMBAL.NARAYAN at Pfizer.com<mailto:BALAMBAL.NARAYAN at Pfizer.com>

Location: http%3A%2F%2Fbioportal.bioontology.org<http://2Fbioportal.bioontology.org>%2Fontologies%2FMEDDRA%3Fp%3Dclasses%26conceptid%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fpurl.bioontology.org<http://252Fpurl.bioontology.org>%252Fontology%252FMEDDRA%252F10051118%26jump_to_nav%3Dtrue

Feedback:

1) Please help to elaborate the term "Member of ".

Example: Unexpected beneficial therapeutic response, drug resistance and Drug ineffective for unapproved indication listed as member of "Lack of efficacy (LOE)".

Wherein, there are not because of lack of effect.

You’ve reached the support list for questions regarding the BioPortal software. Although we host ontologies, we are generally not the ontology content developers. If you have questions about the “Member of” property, I suggest you contact the ontology authors directly. You can find contact information on the ontology summary page in BioPortal, e.g., for MEDDRA it would be here: http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/MEDDRA. Their contact email address appears to be mssohelp at meddra.org<http://meddra.org/>.

2) Please help to provide the path on how to look for definitions: Unexpected beneficial therapeutic response, drug resistance and Drug ineffective for unapproved indication

It doesn’t seem that MEDDRA has a definition property attached to terms, at least in the version we are serving (which is downloaded from the UMLS Metathesaurus). Perhaps the ontology authors could shed some light here.