[bioontology-support] Databiology: Default web portal credentials

Alex Mozejko alex.mozejko at databiology.com
Thu Jul 2 03:07:33 PDT 2020

Hello,

We have recently deployed the Bioportal appliance to one of our AWS environments but can’t seem to login using the credentials:

Username: admin
Password: changemeNOW

Whenever I try I get the error:

“Errors On Form.
Invalid account name/password combination”

The default ssh user credentials worked and I can confirm ssh access.

I can also confirm that creating a new user and uploading an ontology works, so good news there 😊

The process I followed to deploy this appliance is as follows:

  1.  Download OVA image from https://bioportal.bioontology.org/virtual_appliance
  2.  Copy OVA to s3 bucket
  3.  Use aws cli to convert image to AMI as detailed here<https://docs.aws.amazon.com/vm-import/latest/userguide/vmimport-image-import.html>
  4.  Launched virtual machine using the converted AMI
  5.  Navigate to portal
  6.  Try to login as admin
  7.  Get error

Can you please confirm that the credentials I’m trying to use are correct? And is there a way to reset the ‘admin’ user’s password?

Thanks,
Alex.