[bioontology-support] Databiology: Default web portal credentials

Alex Skrenchuk alex.skrenchuk at stanford.edu
Thu Jul 2 14:42:28 PDT 2020

HI Alex,

We have not yet experimented with importing OVA to AWS because we are counting that the majority of users will deploy OntoPortal from the AWS marketplace.   We were recently been made aware that version 3.0.1 of the appliance sometimes doesn’t initialize properly in AWS during the first boot which could be usually resolved with a second reboot.

During the very first boot of the appliance we have a firstboot script that resets API keys for the Web UI and Admin user.  If it detects that appliance is running in AWS then it will also resets Admin password to match the instance-id of your EC2 instance.

First I would try to use the EC2 instance-id for admin password and if that doesn’t work then you could try to force re-run of the firstboot script.

ssh to instance as centos user and:

sudo touch /srv/ontoportal/firstboot
sudo chown ontoportal /srv/ontoportal/firstboot
sudo reboot

-Alex