[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Emma Vos

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Thu Jul 16 14:39:53 PDT 2020

Hello Emma,

On Jul 15, 2020, at 10:57 AM, support at bioontology.org<mailto:support at bioontology.org> wrote:

I wanted to annotate some cell types (e.g. "monocyte") with Cell Ontology terms, using the Annotator tool. Unfortunately, this didn't work. When browsing through the Cell Ontology, I saw that part of the ontology is missing in BioPortal. For example, Cell Ontology contains a term for "monocyte": http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/CL_0000576 . But this term is not included in the Cell Ontology on BioPortal. Hence why I couldn't annotate this "monocyte" properly using the Annotator tool.

Another issue I had was with downloading the CSV file of Cell Ontology. I get the following error:
"Cannot read latest submission upload file: /srv/ncbo/repository/CL/73/CL.csv.gz"

Apologies for the inconvenience. It appears there was an error that occurred during the processing of the latest submission of the Cell Ontology. I reprocessed the ontology and the issues you reported are resolved - the CSV file is downloadable again, and the classes page appears normal.

[cid:5B3100B2-FB05-4940-8D61-C4EC0351EE9E at stanford.edu]