[bioontology-support] API usage

John Graybeal jgraybeal at stanford.edu
Fri Jun 5 15:18:10 PDT 2020

Christian,

Information about using the API can be found at our documentation on the API: http://data.bioontology.org/documentation. The first row of the table contains 2 different ways you can use the API key from your browser.

We are not able to provide coding recommendations for your second question, I'm sorry.

There are a collection of code examples at https://github.com/ncbo/ncbo_rest_sample_code; for example https://github.com/ncbo/ncbo_rest_sample_code/blob/master/csharp/ncbo/GetLabels.cs gets labels from an ontology. You may be able to find some examples that do similar things to what you want.

If you are trying to obtain some information from BioPortal using the UI, please describe in natural language what you are trying to do. Because different ontologies represent internationalizations differently (some use entirely separate ontologies, others use langage-identified labels for a single term); not all ontologies have translations and not all translations are in BioPortal; and BioPortal itself is not well-adapted to handle different languages, you may have to examine each ontology to determine how to use it to find cross-language synonyms for terms.

john