[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from dnarganes

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Tue Jun 9 10:31:54 PDT 2020

Hello David,

On Jun 9, 2020, at 8:57 AM, support at bioontology.org<mailto:support at bioontology.org> wrote:

I'd like to download the ontology:
http://data.bioontology.org/ontologies/RCD/download

I've an apikey.
But I get the error:
2020-06-09 16:56:00 ERROR 403: Forbidden.

How could I access it?

Due to licensing restrictions, we aren't allowed to provide downloads of the RCD ontology source file.

I just made a request to the UMLS if that's the way to get it.

I’m not certain, but perhaps UMLS customer service would know of alternative ways to access a file version of RCD. The license contact for RCD is also listed on their website:

https://www.nlm.nih.gov/research/umls/sourcereleasedocs/current/RCD/metadata.html