[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from benjamin senst

Michael Dorf mdorf at stanford.edu
Thu Jun 18 09:19:55 PDT 2020

Hi Benjamin,

Thank you for contacting us.  Our version of SNOMED CT comes from the UMLS distribution that’s published roughly twice per year.  We currently have the 2019AB distribution of UMLS ontologies imported. I did a quick search for the 428561000124100 code in another online SNOMED CT browser and found it there:

https://browser.ihtsdotools.org/?perspective=full&conceptId1=428561000124100&edition=MAIN/SNOMEDCT-US/2020-03-01&release=&languages=en

Is it possible that you are looking at a different version or a different edition of SNOMED? According to the page below, this vocabulary comes in a variety of editions:

https://www.nlm.nih.gov/research/umls/sourcereleasedocs/index.html

Thanks,

Michael