[bioontology-support] Question about processing UMLS ontologies

Koo, Jahoon JAHOON.KOO at UCDENVER.EDU
Fri Mar 6 11:41:54 PST 2020

Hi BioPortal,

This is Jahoon, a student worker from Health Data Compass.

I am trying to migrate some UMLS ontologies from BioPortal to my virtual appliance.

I have succeeded to install UMLS installation, load subset (RRF) in MySQL, and generate RDF from MySQL as instructed. Currently, I have ttl files of UMLS ontologies that I want to migrate.
I have selected UMLS as the format for these ontologies and tried to upload ttl files through the BioPortal Web UI of my virtual appliance. However, I get errors from the Web UI saying, "Incomplete response received from application" or "We're sorry but something has gone wrong. We have been notified of this error" when I submit an ontology.

Could you please help me solving this problem?

Thank you.
Jahoon