[bioontology-support] today's BioPortal system status and activities

John Graybeal jgraybeal at stanford.edu
Wed Mar 11 17:13:29 PDT 2020

Sorry everyone for the Annotator and Recommender (and other BioPortal services) down times today. We appreciate the email notes to the list.

We had an operational mis-fire when trying to resolve a system issue, and as a result we have to restore the Annotator database (currently under way). Until that is done (the task may be running until mid-day GMT), the Annotator and Recommender services will not be available.

We believe all other systems are now available; please let us know if you see other issues.

Of course we'll look at the things we can improve to prevent this and similar issues from happening (or reduce their impact), and we will assess the value of a public BioPortal status page that can be visited to see if BioPortal services are down. (We have a partial set of tests visible at https://uptime.statuscake.com/?TestID=uR5YnbjHjw, Annotator and Recommender not included, but we hope to create a more general suite in the future.)

We appreciate your patience and will have the system back to full operation as soon as possible.

John
John Graybeal
Technical Program Manager
650-736-1632  | ORCID  0000-0001-6875-5360