[bioontology-support] NCBO Virtual Appliance configuration with RadLex

Clement Jonquet jonquet at lirmm.fr
Thu Nov 5 09:19:56 PST 2020

Hi Rushi,

I am responding as this is related to the AnnotatorPlus.

First, I need to inform you that we have done significant change on this component on our installation of BioPortal at LIRMM.
Basically we updated the code to the latest version of NegEx called FastContext.
 https://github.com/jianlins/FastContext <https://github.com/jianlins/FastContext>

The new code seems to fixe the issue you encounter.
You can test it here :
http://bioportal.lirmm.fr/ncbo_annotatorplus
:

>  Is there any way I can make changes to negation pipeline (NegEx)? Or integrate different negation pipeline?

The code is here: https://github.com/ontoportal-lirmm/annotators
You can easily change it and customize the trigger term list… see explanation for French here :
https://github.com/practikpharma/FrenchFastContext
Actually customizing the trigger list is mandatory of you really want to have good result with the Context algorithm

HOWEVER
The latest version of the « annotators » project is not the one integrated in the NCBO BioPortal nor in the latest VA that you are using with RadLex.
We have not done the migration with Stanford to the latest code.

So if you really need this now in your own appliance:
- check out our annotators project
- you might also need to check out the corresponding UI page in the web_ui project in the same repo as the UI page goes of course with what the API is doing.

Or, you wait a bit longer for us to sync the code with Stanford and then include this in next version of the VA.
In the meantime you can use our box at LIRMM.

Am I clear ?
Sorry if not. I do it again ;)

Bye
Clement

Dr. Clement JONQUET  –  PhD in Informatics
Associate Research Scientist – INRAE (MISTEA)
Associate Professor – University of Montpellier (LIRMM)