[bioontology-support] Ordering issues while making ontology submissions programmatically

Manuel Fiorelli manuel.fiorelli at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 15:00:00 PST 2020

Hi everybody

I need to make ontology submissions programmatically, uploading the
ontology file as part of the submission (instead of providing a fetch URL).
I eventually figured out that it should be possible to encode the
submission using as form data: each property of the JSON object is put into
its own part, with a part for the uploaded file.
However, I had a problem with the property *contact*, which is supposed to
contain the list of the contacts for the ontology.
Using PostMan, I defined the following parts, given as name:value pairs:

contact[][name]:Manuel Fiorelli
contact[][email]:manuel.fiorelli at gmail.com
contact[][name]:Mario Rossi
contact[][email]:mario.rossi at example.org
contact[][name]:Mario Bianchi
contact[][email]:mario.bianchi at example.org

Contrary to my understanding of how the API should work, I noticed (by
fetching the newly created submission using the API) that the order of the
contacts is not preserved.

Please, can you tell me whether the order is supposed to be preserved, and
if so, how to guarantee that it is preserved.

Best regards,
Manuel Fiorelli