[bioontology-support] Question about WHO Drug Dictionary

Michael Dorf mdorf at stanford.edu
Thu Nov 19 14:26:36 PST 2020

Hi Kay,

Thank you for contacting us. Most of the ontologies in our system are being supplied by the user community.  In addition, roughly twice per year we do a bulk import of vocabularies distributed by the UMLS: https://www.nlm.nih.gov/research/umls/index.html. I don’t believe WHO Drug is part of the UMLS distribution.

If you could provide us with the information on the licensing terms for WHO Drug as well as point us to its source file (we accept ontologies in OWL, OBO, and limited SKOS formats), we would see about potentially including it in our repository.

Thank you,

Michael Dorf
Chief Software Architect
Stanford Biomedical Informatics Research
mdorf at stanford.edu<mailto:mdorf at stanford.edu>
O: 650-723-0357
M: 650-995-4374