[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from gaurab.mukherjee at jax.org

John Graybeal jgraybeal at stanford.edu
Fri Nov 20 20:48:47 PST 2020

Hello,

Thank you for this input. I created an issue (https://github.com/ncbo/bioportal-project/issues/1910) to capture it.

BioPortal has an obscure feature that might meet your needs. When you are logged in, visit Account Settings (the drop-down under your account name). If you scroll to the end of that page, you will see a link under Custom Ontology Set that reads 'select ontologies'. If you click on this link, you will be able to see only the ontologies that you have selected.

There are a few documented side effects of using this setting: Any ontology with a view (ontology views are listed in the lower left of the ontology's summary page) is no longer viewable in the UI (https://github.com/ncbo/bioportal_web_ui/issues/36),. And once you set the list of custom ontologies you can't modify it; you can only delete all the ontologies and start over (https://github.com/ncbo/bioportal_web_ui/issues/51).

For your needs, this might be a good fit (or you could create a separate account just for this task and set its Custom Ontology Set).

John