[bioontology-support] Help for mapping MedRA and SNOMED Adverse events

Michael Dorf mdorf at stanford.edu
Thu Oct 29 11:13:47 PDT 2020

Hi Neha,

Thank you for contacting us. The best I can offer you is our REST mapping service that you can use to iterate over ALL of the mappings between MEDDRA and SNOMEDCT.  You can ask the REST service to include various properties from each mapping pair, so you can then filter out the mappings that are not relevant. For example, based on the “semanticType” property. I don’t know exactly how the adverse events are distinguished from the rest of the classes in SNOMED. The “properties” collection will give you ALL the properties for each class, so you can determine the relevant one that you can filter on.

Here is the REST service call you need:

http://data.bioontology.org/mappings?ontologies=SNOMEDCT,MEDDRA&display=prefLabel,definition,synonym,semanticType,obsolete,properties&no_links=true&no_context=true&page=1

To iterate over ALL mappings, simply increment the parameter “page=1” until you reach an empty collection.

Hope this helps.

Michael