[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Dongmin Sun

Michael Dorf mdorf at stanford.edu
Thu Oct 29 11:35:15 PDT 2020

Hi Dongmin,

Thank you for contacting support. I’ve removed the Ontology View reference from BIFO. It is now a standalone ontology, as you intended it to be.

Ontology View usually refers to a specific subset of a given ontology, which isn’t the case with BIFO.  It was attached as a view to this ontology, which does not appear to be related:

http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/FDSAJFAHSJK?p=classes&conceptid=root

I am assuming this had happened by accident when you created your ontology. In any case, it’s fixed. You should be able to find it on the Ontologies page.

Thanks,

Michael