[bioontology-support] Ontology metrics

Michael Dorf mdorf at stanford.edu
Wed Sep 2 21:31:38 PDT 2020

Hi Tarini,

Thank you for contacting us. The easiest way to get metrics for all publicly visible ontologies is to call the following REST service:

http://data.bioontology.org/metrics

Depending on what format you need the data in, you have two choices for making this call:

1. Programmatically via your programming language of choice. We have a sample code for a number of languages here:

https://github.com/ncbo/ncbo_rest_sample_code

2. In browser. You can just copy/paste the contents of the page into a text document and parse the data out using your favorite text editor, such as Sublime Text 3 in macOS. This option does require some basic regular expression syntax knowledge.

Let us know if you require further assistance.

Thank you,

Michael