[bioontology-support] Units of Measurement Ontology in BioPortal License

Jacob Barhak jacob.barhak at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 15:27:35 PDT 2020

Hi George,

You are listed as the maintainer of the Units of Measurement Ontology :
https://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/UO/?p=summary

I am using this nice specification in my unit mapping project:
https://clinicalunitmapping.com/about

I am now working on a proposal that asks for license details and I am
trying to locate the license of Ontology . It says that it is public, yet I
do not see the exact license.
I was looking at the BioPortal Terms of use, yet the link is broken :
https://www.bioontology.org/terms.html
and I only see citation information here:
https://www.bioontology.org/wiki/BioPortal_Help#How_to_cite_NCBO_and_BioPortal

I need to know the exact license of the data - I assume its creative
commons, yet I need confirmation to write the correct license in the
proposal. And I need it quickly.

Hopefully you can help resolve this quickly.

--
Jacob Barhak Ph.D.
https://sites.google.com/view/jacob-barhak/home