[bioontology-support] SNOMED CT Properties

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Wed Sep 23 09:21:13 PDT 2020

Hello Daniel

We’ve not had the resources to maintain the open SPARQL endpoint, and the data therein is very outdated.

You can use our REST API (which we are actively maintaining) to retrieve the properties for said class. One example of a REST call that retrieves properties is:

http://data.bioontology.org/ontologies/SNOMEDCT/classes/http%3A%2F%2Fpurl.bioontology.org%2Fontology%2FSNOMEDCT%2F52448006?include=all<http://data.bioontology.org/ontologies/SNOMEDCT/classes/http://purl.bioontology.org/ontology/SNOMEDCT/52448006?include=all>

… or, you could do something pared down / more performant like this:

http://data.bioontology.org/ontologies/SNOMEDCT/classes/http%3A%2F%2Fpurl.bioontology.org%2Fontology%2FSNOMEDCT%2F52448006?include=prefLabel,properties&display_links=false&display_context=false<http://data.bioontology.org/ontologies/SNOMEDCT/classes/http://purl.bioontology.org/ontology/SNOMEDCT/52448006?include=prefLabel,properties&display_links=false&display_context=false>

Our REST API is documented here:

http://data.bioontology.org/documentation#nav_home

You’ll need an API key to use the API. Instructions for getting one are here:

https://www.bioontology.org/wiki/BioPortal_Help#Getting_an_API_key