[bioontology-support] Question regarding CPT codes

John Graybeal jgraybeal at stanford.edu
Mon Sep 28 13:32:05 PDT 2020

Hi to everyone who is discovering CPT is no longer on BioPortal. We understand that this is a very important database, and we tried to convince the providers of it to let BioPortal continue to serve it.

As I described in previous posts, unfortunately the owners of CPT make their money by charging people to use it, and determined that the way BioPortal was serving it was not consistent with the intenttion of their license. They requested that we take it down, and we agreed to their request. We would be happy to install it again if the owners of the license ever allow that again.

Otherwise, there is a path by which you can access CPT separately (or install it on your own OntoPortal Appliance). If you visit the following post from our archives, you can see the process and links you will need to install CPT on your system using a UMLS license.

http://ncbo-support.2288202.n4.nabble.com/bioontology-support-CPT-Ontology-tp4658098p4658099.html

John