[bioontology-support] Question about UMLS 2020AA release for CPT code

John Graybeal jgraybeal at stanford.edu
Wed Sep 30 08:20:18 PDT 2020

{Note to list members: To minimize list traffic, we will moderate questions about CPT and respond directly to senders if no new concern is raised.]

Hello Jordan, Hanzhang, and all,

Thank you for your interest in CPT and BioPortal. We have created a blog post that fully describes the reason for the elimination of CPT, current status of the change, and possible approaches to work with CPT directly. You can find it at
  https://www.bioontology.org/why-bioportal-no-longer-offers-the-current-procedural-terminology-cpt/

We hope you are able to successfully adapt to the new challenges of CPT access. We welcome further ideas for dealing with this, you are welcome to contact me directly with suggestions.

John