[bioontology-support] NCBO Virtual Appliance configuration with RadLex

Kulkarni, Rushikesh RushikeshKulkarni at mednet.ucla.edu
Wed Sep 30 10:32:07 PDT 2020

Hello,

I am trying to integrate Radiology Lexicon ontology with locally running NCBO Virtual appliance. I was able to import RadLax 4.0 OWL using 'Submit Ontology' functionality from Ontoportal UI.
But, somehow class names are not configured correctly. RID0, RID1, RID3 .. etc. are showing up under preferred name and as well as under class tree structure. (attached screenshot for reference)
For example, RID3 is showing under class structure and for Preferred Name field, instead of 'anatomical entity'.
Can you please help me with this issue?

I tried following things to debug the issue,

  1.  Tried to integrate RadLex using Ontoportal UI as well as with bioportal_ontologies_import.rb script.
  2.  Checked parsed ontology status using Rest service and it has following status "submissionStatus": ["RDF","OBSOLETE","INDEXED_PROPERTIES","METRICS","RDF_LABELS","UPLOADED","ANNOTATOR","INDEXED"]
  3.  Imported another ontology (Cell Ontology CL) and it has been set up correctly with no issue. This is just to test my local virtual machine.
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Rushi Kulkarni
UCLA Health

UCLA HEALTH SCIENCES IMPORTANT WARNING: This email (and any attachments) is only intended for the use of the person or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged and confidential. You, the recipient, are obligated to maintain it in a safe, secure and confidential manner. Unauthorized redisclosure or failure to maintain confidentiality may subject you to federal and state penalties. If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately notify us by return email, and delete this message from your computer.