[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Ying Li

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Thu Apr 8 10:56:30 PDT 2021

Hello Ying Li,

On Mar 31, 2021, at 8:58 AM, support at bioontology.org<mailto:support at bioontology.org> wrote:

Feedback:

I downloaded csv, and renamed it as .csv. But when I opened the file, it was wrong characters.

The downloadable CSV representations are GZ files (compressed archive files). You need to decompress it first with a decompression utility before you can view the contents. I downloaded and double-checked the CSV representation for FOODON, and found no issues with viewing the content after decompression.

And what software do you use to pen OWL files?

We generally don’t author the ontologies in BioPortal. Rather, we provide and maintain the BioPortal software that allows ontology authors to upload/store their ontologies. We accept ontologies in OWL, OBO, and SKOS formats.