[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from ABDOUL WAHAB TOURÉ

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Thu Apr 8 11:04:22 PDT 2021

Hello Abdoul Wahab,

BioPortal accepts ontologies in OWL, OBO, and/or SKOS format. If you want to upload a new ontology, you first need to create an account on the BioPortal website:

https://bioportal.bioontology.org/accounts/new

After logging in, navigate to the Ontology Browse page:

https://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/

… click the "Submit New Ontology" button in the top right, and fill out the resulting forms

Once BioPortal has ingested your ontology, you have full access to the ontology content either via the web portal or the REST API. The REST API is documented here:

http://data.bioontology.org/documentation