[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Antoine Giraud

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Thu Apr 8 18:08:10 PDT 2021

Hello Antoine,

On Apr 7, 2021, at 7:14 AM, support at bioontology.org<mailto:support at bioontology.org> wrote:

In the context of a clinical trial, I use the REDCap software which allows me to use bioportal ontologies.

During the creation of the study (february 2020) I collected the variable "ICD-O -3 morphology code" which corresponded to the bioportal ontology ICD-0-3-M

This variable does not work anymore and I cannot find this ontology in the list proposed by REDCap. Does this ontology no longer exist? Has it been renamed?

As mentioned in a previous post, this ontology was made private by the ontology owner:

http://ncbo-support.2288202.n4.nabble.com/bioontology-support-BioPortal-Feedback-from-James-Beekley-tp4658400p4658404.html

I’m not an expert on the ICD-O morphology and topography classifications. It appears from their website:

https://www.who.int/standards/classifications/other-classifications/international-classification-of-diseases-for-oncology

… that these classifications are available in CSV format, which is not a format that BioPortal ingests.

There is an ontology called ICDO but I don't know if it is exactly the same?

No, I don’t believe that this is the same ontology.