[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Karin Colsman

John Graybeal jgraybeal at stanford.edu
Thu Apr 29 13:26:22 PDT 2021

Karin,

The issue we found seems to be with line 665, which declares that the IRI 'http://purl.org/dc/terms/' is an AnnotationProperty. I'm not sure why this is an error (likely because the IRI is also used as the object of all the importedFrom triples of dct:); but if we delete that line we find the ontology loads properly into BioPortal. (We have uploaded it as the latest version with this change.)  We checked the last version that loaded correctly, and it does not have this declaration.

663  ###  http://purl.org/dc/terms/
664
665  dct: rdf:type owl:AnnotationProperty .

We suggest that you might want to remove that line from future submissions in order that they parse in BioPortal.

We found the issue when running our OWL API wrapper code against this ontology. (That's just a command line wrapper for the OWL API library.)  I'm wondering if you might be running a different version of the OWL API library, to explain why you didn't see a parsing issue?  We are running 4.5.17.

Please let us know of concerns or questions.

John