[bioontology-support] Problem with drug names retrieval with CHEBI ontology

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Wed Aug 25 15:38:44 PDT 2021

Hello Wessel,

On Aug 25, 2021, at 7:07 AM, Sloof, W (epi) <w.sloof at umcg.nl<mailto:w.sloof at umcg.nl>> wrote:

Dear Sir/Madam,

We experience some problems retrieving drug names and codes from the CHEBI ontology. Researchers from our institute reported this to us when collecting medication data in our REDCap EDC system.
As of today some drug names are not auto-completed anymore and return with no results. Earlier this was not the case. Specific drug names like clozapine or olanzapine cannot be found anymore. While testing, many other drug names still return plenty results, so the CHEBI ontology service in general is accessible and functional. Changing ontology services is risky because this will result in (partial) data loss in the ongoing study. Please could you help us and look into this matter? We would be thankful if you can solve our problem.

I looked at the CHEBI ontology today. A new version was uploaded on August 1st. An error occurred during processing and the ontology terms failed to index. I’ve fully re-indexed CHEBI just now and tested the search service. I’m seeing results for clozapine and olanzapine.

Apologies for the inconvenience. Let us know if you experience any other issues.

[cid:E74D7994-A018-4276-B800-C4D2D9011EC6 at lan]

[cid:AE1E6CF1-FA8B-4B6F-87A2-DEB79DB1D675 at lan]