[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Daniel Chang

John Graybeal jgraybeal at stanford.edu
Thu Feb 4 14:31:59 PST 2021

No problem Daniel.

I see that you have an account under your email address, with the account name of "Hope Biosciences Stem Cell Research Foundation". Have you tried logging in to that account? The 5-word account name with spaces is what you will need to use to log in, and since it has spaces you might also try "Hope\ Biosciences\ Stem\ Cell\ Research\ Foundation".

I just created an account twice without any difficulty. Since it just requires filling out all the fields, my guess is that BioPortal had a brief hiccup while you were creating the account, and cached the error result, either within BioPortal or within your system. (I thought it might be that you were using the same email address, but I created both my accounts with the same email address.) But the user name that you enter has to be different, of course.

If you don't have access to the account we found above (as it's an unusually long account name), we have flushed the caches on our end, so I suggest you flush your browser cache, or perhaps better, start from a different browser, and try again. If you send us a screenshot of the filled out form that might help us troubleshoot.

John