[bioontology-support] Download/access to ICD-10 and CPT Ontologies

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Thu Jul 22 10:31:55 PDT 2021

Hello John,

On Jun 29, 2021, at 6:53 AM, John Felix <johnfelix at exponentialai.com<mailto:johnfelix at exponentialai.com>> wrote:

               Greetings! We are team Exponential AI . Thanks for the services you are providing!

For a research project, we wanted to have access to the ontologies of ICD-10 codes and the CPT codes. Can you help us get access/download of these?

https://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/ICD10
https://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/CPT

Please let us know if any action is required from our side.

Unfortunately, in September of last year we had to remove access to CPT content from BioPortal altogether. A bit more detail is available in this post from our list archive:

https://mailman.stanford.edu/pipermail/bioontology-support/2020-September/012019.html

With regard to ICD10, you can view the ontology content in BioPortal (https://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/ICD10?p=classes), and/or access the ontology content via our REST API (http://data.bioontology.org/ontologies/ICD10/). Due to licensing restrictions though, we’re unable to provide downloads of the ontology source file.