[bioontology-support] API access

Michael Dorf mdorf at stanford.edu
Fri Jul 23 13:27:45 PDT 2021

Hi Stephanie,

Thank you for pointing this issue to us, and I apologize for the late reply. It took some investigating on my end to determine the cause of this behavior. I’ve fixed it for the moment, but there is a larger concern related to data integrity, which affects this endpoint. I’ve logged the details in this Github tracker:

https://github.com/ncbo/ontologies_api/issues/72

As a side note, this endpoint was developed for the CEDAR project (https://metadatacenter.org/), which uses a number of proprietary BioPortal endpoints to perform specific tasks. While there is no restriction on its use, we don’t explicitly advertise it, as it is a bit heavy on resources and also somewhat slow for an industrial use.

I’ll try to look into the longer term solution soon, but again it is fixed for the time being. Let us know if you run into any further issues.

Thank you,

Michael