[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from WTulleken

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Wed Jun 2 10:51:42 PDT 2021

Hello Wesley,

On May 31, 2021, at 2:03 AM, Wesley Van Hougenhouck-Tulleken <wesley.tulleken at up.ac.za<mailto:wesley.tulleken at up.ac.za>> wrote:

Many thanks for your email. The problem I had on friday seems to have resolved. I am able to access the BioPortal easily now.

My query now is that I am using RedCap to create a database for clinical data. I have been advised to use the ontological function in RedCap for ICD10 coding, and when I try to enable it, RedCap requests an API token. I have attached a screenshot.

Your API key is visible in plain text when you log into BioPortal and view your Account Settings page (via the dropdown menu in the top right portion of the menu bar), i.e. with this URL pattern: https://bioportal.bioontology.org/account.

Although we maintain BioPortal, we’re not the developers and/or maintainers of RedCap systems. It may be that they want you to cut and paste your API key into this text area. However, you might want to check with the whoever it is that maintains your RedCap installation.