[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Noah Curtis

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Thu Jun 3 10:35:34 PDT 2021

Hi Noah,

On Jun 3, 2021, at 9:51 AM, support at bioontology.org<mailto:support at bioontology.org> wrote:

I am trying to download the Eagle-I ontology, but the csv file is not functional when I download it. I am downloading it from https://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/ERO. I am clicking the CSV link under the Downloads column for Version 2013-08-02. Please let me know what I am doing wrong. The file that downloads is ERO.csv.gz. I have attempted to delete the .gz from the file extension and open the csv, but that does not solve the issue. Any assistance you could provide would be much appreciated.

I downloaded and tested the CSV file for the ERO ontology and found no issues. The CSV file is compressed, which is indicated by the .gz file extension. You need to uncompress the file first before you can open the CSV. Depending on what operating system you’re using, you can google how to open a gz file, e.g., a google search like “open gz file mac” should yield results.