[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Ciara Rabor

John Graybeal jgraybeal at stanford.edu
Thu Mar 4 12:42:37 PST 2021

Hi Clara,

I'm sorry, you may not be able to use BioPortal for this purpose at the moment.

With the most recent version of MedDRA published through UMLS, our software has been unable to successfully traverse the hierarchy of the terms to arrive at the root terms. We have been unable to determine whether this is a software issue on our end, or a problem in the UMLS distribution, and so we were forced to remove the navigation tree from our system.

You can view and comment on the support ticket we are maintaining on this topic at https://github.com/ncbo/bioportal-project/issues/202; we appreciate receiving any observations from the community in this ticket.

John