[bioontology-support] Issue Uploading Ontology Locally

John Graybeal jgraybeal at stanford.edu
Thu Mar 4 13:08:27 PST 2021

Hello Olamide,

If you are still having an issue with this, can you please send a screenshot showing what you are entering just before clicking on the submission button?

I assume that you are entering a location for the ontology that is inside or accessible to the Virtual Appliance environment, since in most cases the Virtual Appliance will not be able to see the ontology in your host machine's file system.

Also, since this is a very big ontology, you may be running into memory limits on your appliance. Please see https://ontoportal.github.io/administration/general/system_requirements/ for information about likely memory needs.

As for uploading via URI, the above issues could also apply (in particular, networking issues from the Virtual Appliance are addressed at https://ontoportal.github.io/administration/steps/troubleshooting_installations/). In addition, I am not sure where the URI would live that has a parseable SNOMEDCT file available for download, so I would be curious if that is a public URI or just one in your own environment.

John