[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from STEPHEN COATES

John Graybeal jgraybeal at stanford.edu
Thu Mar 4 13:18:03 PST 2021

Hello Stephen,

Sorry for the delay in responding to your queries.

We are not aware of any problems with the BioPortal API, we have been making queries ourselves throughout this period, and have not had problems ourselves or from any other reports.  No particular maintenance has been going on during this period, and we are not aware of any bandwidth issues.

It may be that you are making queries for a specific ontology, like CPT, that is no longer publicly available. Information about this is published at the CPT page (https://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/CPT), and at a blog post that fully describes the reason for the elimination of CPT, current status of the change, and possible approaches to work with CPT directly. You can find it at  https://www.bioontology.org/why-bioportal-no-longer-offers-the-current-procedural-terminology-cpt/

I will be happy to troubleshoot either of these issues if you can give me additional details (example API requests and the response you receive, or your account name that you can't access).

John