[bioontology-support] About the issue of annotating

John Graybeal jgraybeal at stanford.edu
Wed Mar 17 17:24:55 PDT 2021

hello Erica,

I am not 100% sure of the source of the problem, but I have written up the ticket https://github.com/ncbo/bioportal-project/issues/206 about it.

As the ticket suggests, I suspect this is a function of BioPortal not indexing words shorter than 3 characters, including numbers. (If this is true, then Segment 6 works only by accident, it's the first term beginning with 'segment' *and* it matches.) BioPortal won't index those shorter words because they are so likely to be matched elsewhere. Though certainly the full label should be indexed, that's something we could verify if we had resources.

Unfortunately we are unlikely to be able to fix it right now, as we have extraordinarily limited staff time. I am sorry I can't provide a more helpful answer at this point.

John