[bioontology-support] ICD-10 Updated Needed

John Graybeal jgraybeal at stanford.edu
Wed May 5 13:16:09 PDT 2021

Hello Danielle,

Thank you for this question.

We uppdate all the UMLS vocabularies (our ICD10-CM is from UMLS)  as soon as we can after the UMLS update is released. I see that the UMLS 2021AA release happened just Monday, so we will look at scheduling that as soon as possible.

Unfortunately, it appears ICD10-CM is not updated in the 2021AA UMLS release, per the page https://www.nlm.nih.gov/research/umls/sourcereleasedocs/index.html. I don't know why this would be, but if that's the case, we may not have any other means to get the latest ICD10-CM.

I will do a little more investigation and let you know if I can find more positive news.

John