[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Karin Colsman

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Thu May 6 10:43:18 PDT 2021

Hi Karin,

Just to clarify - the submit feedback form is presented in a modal dialog rather than a pop-up. Whether or not you’re blocking pop-ups should have no bearing on the modal dialog display. I’ve done some testing on my system with Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. Pop-ups are blocked in all 3 of the browsers and the submit feedback dialog displays properly for me in a modal dialog.

In the original screenshot you sent, I noticed other oddities in your display. There are bullets showing up in the header and footer next to navigation links, and improper left-alignment of the “cite us” and other links at the bottom. I’ve included your screenshot again below, along with a screenshot of how BioPortal displays on my system to underline the differences. Out of curiosity, have you tried clearing the cache for BioPortal to see if these issues persist? You could selectively clear the cache for just the BioPortal website in Chrome by doing the following:

- Navigate to BioPortal
- Click the three dots menu and choose More Tools -> Developer Tools to open the developer console
- In the upper left corner of the browser window, right click on the reload icon and choose “Empty Cache and Hard Reload”

If you still see the same differences in display, could you provide more information about the version of Chrome or Firefox that you have installed, as well as what operating system you’re using?

[cid:A998C1E2-6A54-4CA4-86D3-296582972BC2 at lan]

[cid:ADE38241-AE80-4614-B445-14E4D941C6B4 at lan]