[bioontology-support] How to edit the Acronym and Description of my uploaded ontology?

John Graybeal jgraybeal at stanford.edu
Wed May 12 14:05:02 PDT 2021

Hello,

You can not edit the Acronym, because it serves as the primary identifier for the ontology throughout BioPortal. If you want to change it, you could resubmit your ontology under the new Acronym, and then ask us to delete the existing ontology.

You can edit the description and other metadata for any ontology you manage by going to the Summary page for the ontology, and in the Submissions section, clicking on the 'person with pencil' icon (the blue on at the end of the line). You can edit the Description for the ontology there, then click on the Save submission button at the bottom of the page.

[cid:6966A24F-1BC2-47EC-B003-B231A3668D32]

John