[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Eric Deutsch

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Fri Oct 8 10:59:53 PDT 2021

Hi Eric,

On Oct 8, 2021, at 10:28 AM, support at bioontology.org<mailto:support at bioontology.org> wrote:

Hi, our ontology "MS" has not been updated at your site for over a year:

https://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/MS

but we have updated it over 20 times in the past year:
https://github.com/HUPO-PSI/psi-ms-CV/blob/master/psi-ms.obo

How we arrange it so that the MS ontology is kept up-to-date in BioPortal?

I examined the log files for our nightly ontology pull process and found an error related to MS. Our triplestore contained a corrupt ontology submission object that’s preventing creation of new submissions for MS:

E, [2021-10-07T18:05:48.973919 #18479] ERROR -- : Unable to create a new submission in OntologyPull: {:proc_naming=>{:duplicate=>"There is already a persistent resource with id `http://data.bioontology.org/ontologies/MS/submissions/163`”}}

I’ve deleted this corrupt submission object, which should clear the way for the nightly pull process to resume processing new versions of your ontology.

However, there’s something else to be aware of - we’re currently troubleshooting an issue in our production system that’s been preventing our nightly pull process from downloading new versions of a subset of ontologies since September 30th. It’s currently documented here in our issue tracker:

https://github.com/ncbo/bioportal_web_ui/issues/176

I’m not sure if your ontology will be affected by this issue - I’ll know more after our pull process kicks off this evening.

Apologies for the inconvenience.