[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from satyasahoo

John Graybeal jgraybeal at stanford.edu
Sun Oct 17 14:04:18 PDT 2021

Hello Dr. Sahoo,

Thank you for your patience with this problem.  We have fixed the ontology and it is now correctly visible in BioPortal.

Details about the problem can be found in the ticket https://github.com/ncbo/bioportal-project/issues/216. In brief, the customized default property setting fields are meant to be specialized settings that are IRIs (unique identifiers), but they had been filled with regular text strings. (Examples of the unique identifiers can be found in the help text below each field.)

These invalid settings were causing the final parsing stage (using rapper) to fail. When we removed them we were able to parse the ontology successfully.

John