[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from satyasahoo

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Mon Oct 18 11:32:47 PDT 2021

Hello Satya,

On Oct 18, 2021, at 6:39 AM, Satya Sahoo <satya_sanket at hotmail.com<mailto:satya_sanket at hotmail.com>> wrote:

Thank you for resolving this issue! We will work on revising the customized local property to use IRI instead of just text. The visualization of the classes in BioPortal works now.

If possible, can you please clarify if BioPortal can use the entity prefixIRI instead of the rdfs:Label to generate the class names (similar to Protege rendering option using Entity )?

The Protege application has a vast array of options for displaying entity names. Could you clarify if you’re referring to the View -> "Render by entity IRI short name (id)" menu item?

[cid:099CD854-A212-4B3F-A642-A6D4083FFE18 at lan]

We have consistently used the prefixIRI to assign class names in EpSO and rdfs:Label to model synonyms/alternate names of the classes.