Search Mailing List Archives

Limit search to: Subject & Body Subject Author
Sort by: Reverse Sort
Limit to: All This Week Last Week This Month Last Month
Select Date Range     through    

[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Vertebrate Trait

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at
Fri Sep 10 14:49:25 PDT 2021

Hi Cari,

It looks like correcting the header tag and re-uploading has allowed the ontology to fully process in our system. I’m able to see / navigate the classes now. You may have to refresh your browser to see the same.

Kind regards,

On Sep 10, 2021, at 12:36 PM, Park, Cari [AN S] <caripark at<mailto:caripark at>> wrote:

Hi Jennifer,

Thank you for getting back to me. I would prefer to use the OBO file, but tried to upload the OWL version to see if it would work (clearly, I should have checked it first). Yes, I would appreciate it if you would delete the failed submission attempts. I have corrected the header tag issue and attempted to re-load the OBO file, so hopefully that works.

Thanks again,

From: Jennifer Leigh Vendetti <vendetti at<mailto:vendetti at>>
Date: Friday, September 10, 2021 at 1:22 PM
To: NCBO User Support <support at<mailto:support at>>
Cc: "Park, Cari [AN S]" <caripark at<mailto:caripark at>>
Subject: Re: [bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Vertebrate Trait

Hello Cari,

On Sep 10, 2021, at 7:36 AM, support at<mailto:support at> wrote:
I have uploaded several versions of the Livestock Product Trait Ontology (LPT; and continue to get an error on the version submission line ("Uploaded, Error RDF"). How can I go about getting this fixed so the ontology can be browsed?

I spent some time looking at your ontology submissions this morning. I noticed in your GitHub repository you have both OWL and OBO formats of your ontology:

It’s not clear to me which you prefer to have in BioPortal. The OBO version of your ontology isn’t parsing because you have an error in your header tags. On line 11, the "data-version" header tag has a space character in it instead of a dash:

Here’s a link to the section in the OBO file format specification on document header tags:

This applies to the submissions you created marked as versions 2.2 (uploaded January 11th) and 3.1 (uploaded September 8th).

Your latest upload attempt from September 9th didn’t parse because it’s an HTML file, not an ontology file. If you download the file you can see what I mean.

If you’d like, I could delete these last 3 submission attempts that failed to parse. Also, if you let me know which format you want in BioPortal (OWL or OBO), I could try doing the upload on your behalf to make sure it goes smoothly this time.

Kind regards,

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <>

More information about the bioontology-support mailing list