[bioontology-support] MedDRA Ontology

Manuela Armenis MSchmidt at georgeinstitute.org.au
Sun Aug 7 23:19:33 PDT 2022

Hello

We are looking into using the MedDRA Ontology to code adverse events for one of our projects.

If I understand it correctly, the dictionary is updated twice a year (though seems to be a few version behind)?

What happens if a code becomes inactive? Eg we select 'ABC DVB' but 'ABC DVB' becomes inactive in the latest version? Will we be left with a term that is not current anymore?

If I understand it correctly, all levels of the dictionary are searched. Is that correct?

Is it possible to get to a specific level eg HLTor SOC?

Regards
Manuela

Manuela Armenis
Senior Clinical Data Manager, Biostatistics and Data Science Division

The George Institute for Global Health | AUSTRALIA
Level 5, 1 King St | Newtown NSW 2042 Australia
Postal Address: PO Box M201 | Missenden Rd | NSW 2050 Australia
T +61 2 8052 4342
E MSchmidt at georgeinstitute.org.au | W www.georgeinstitute.org.au<http://www.georgeinstitute.org.au>
twitter<http://twitter.com/georgeinstitute> | facebook<http://www.facebook.com/thegeorgeinstitute> | e-newsletter<http://www.georgeinstitute.org/newsletters>

[cid:TGIStratIDPrimaryAuesig_cd007c36-405d-4c7a-81a8-c710d4039e88.png]
Ranked the top independent research organisation in Australia by Times Higher Education, The George Institute is affiliated with UNSW Sydney.

The George Institute acknowledges the Gadigal People of the Eora Nation as the First Custodians of the land on which our Australia Office is situated. We pay our respect to Elders past, present and emerging.

Think before printing - growing a tree takes 40 years. This email and its attachments are confidential and may be privileged. If you have received it by mistake, please notify me and destroy all copies and attachments immediately.