[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Dan Berrios

Michael Dorf mdorf at stanford.edu
Tue Aug 9 14:24:55 PDT 2022

Hi Don,

Thank you for contacting us. Although this functionality isn’t exposed via the user interface, we do have a REST endpoint that allows searches on ontology properties. The search is executed against the property labels and IDs. Here is an example query (you need to add your API key to the call):

https://data.bioontology.org/property_search?q=melanoma

There is also an endpoint that allows retrieving ALL properties for a given ontology. It’s not paginated, so, technically, you can just make the call below and search for any string within the results:

https://data.bioontology.org/ontologies/NCIT/properties

Hope this helps!

Michael

---
Michael Dorf
Chief Software Architect
National Center for Biomedical Ontology (NCBO)
Stanford Center for Biomedical Informatics Research (BMIR)
Stanford University
mdorf at stanford.edu<mailto:mdorf at stanford.edu>