[bioontology-support] bioontology-support: CTCAE version and dutch farmacotherapeutisch kompas

Michael Dorf mdorf at stanford.edu
Tue Jan 4 11:40:59 PST 2022

Hi Olga,

Thank you for your inquiry. The version of CTCAE I am seeing in BioPortal does say “5.0”. The original filename also stipulates "NCIt_CTCAE_5.0.owl”. Are you saying that the actual contents of the file contains an earlier version?

https://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/CTCAE

The contact for this ontology is listed as:

CTCAE Help, ncictcaehelp at mail.nih.gov<mailto:ncictcaehelp at mail.nih.gov>
Enterpise Vocabulary Services, NCIThesaurus at mail.nih.gov<mailto:NCIThesaurus at mail.nih.gov>

I am assuming they are the ones who maintain the BioPortal submissions of CTCAE. It’s best to reach out to them in case you are seeing a discrepancy between theirs and our versions of CTCAE.

Regarding your question on "farmacotherapeutisch komas”, a potential issue may be the publisher licensing terms that restrict the public distribution of the ontology. Again, the best way to approach this is to contact them directly and explain your use case to see if they would allow their ontology to be uploaded to BioPortal. Their contact form is located here:

https://www.farmacotherapeutischkompas.nl/algemeen/contact

The majority of the ontologies we host aren’t actually published and maintained by us.  They are managed directly by either their creators or their administrative staff.

If it turns out that the Healthcare Institute of Netherlands prohibits their content to be distributed openly, an alternative may be to ask them whether they would allow having your own “private" copy of "farmacotherapeutisch komas” to be hosted in BioPortal. If so, you can upload their ontology under your account and designate it as “private”, so that only you could view and interact with it.

Hope this helps.

Michael