[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from felix engel

Engel, Felix Felix.Engel at tib.eu
Thu Jan 27 00:21:15 PST 2022

Hi Michael,

many thanks for your swift reply!
I was aware of most of the links you send in your reply. I haven’t read “An empirical analysis of ontology reuse in BioPortal” which is really interesting. So thanks again for this.
Concerning my background: I am working on a Terminology Service for engineers for a big German RDM Infrastructure initiative. Currently on basis of OLS, please have a look if you are interested:  https://terminology.nfdi4ing.de/ts4ing/index
I am aware of BioPortal since many years and really enjoyed its development an clearly structured interfaces. However, the engineering domain is quite different compared to the Biomedical one.
Now, I am quite interested to understand better who is using yours and other Terminology Services, for what reasons.
I found an interesting UMLS related paper: https://academic.oup.com/jamia/article/27/10/1606/5873605?login=false and was wondering if there is something similar available for BioPortal?

All the best
Felix