[bioontology-support] Visibility of Requests made by API

Amar Dholakia amar.dholakia at utoronto.ca
Fri Jul 22 07:00:33 PDT 2022

Hi,

My name is Amar and I am the current REDCap administrator at UofT. We are looking to add the BioOntology add-on to our production server, however we have a few questions pertaining to security:

  1.  When making a call to the BioOntology API (RxNorm), are calls only made from REDCap to BioOntology? I would be correct in understanding that BioOntology does not make any calls to REDCap?
  2.  When REDCap makes requests to the BioOntology webserver, specifically for RxNorm, what requests display in Developer Tools > Network?*

*Specifically, we are wondering how much of the REDCap survey URL is displayed to the webserver. We try to encourage clients from entering sensitive information such that it displays in the REDCap URL, however, adherence is often a problem.

I am also wondering if your team provides short Zoom call sessions for BioOntology support. I would only need 15-20 minutes of your time. I however understand if this is not provided, and thank you for your time regardless.

Best,
Amar

Business Systems Analyst, REDCap Administrator
Academic and Collaborative Technologies
University of Toronto